Sunday, July 1, 2012

Being Blessed

Two weeks ago today I met my nephew for the first time and got to spend really good quality time with friends and family I hadn't seen in over a year. I had such a wonderful week at home with everyone that I began to re-think my plans for the future. Before leaving Austin two weeks, I was fairly certain that I would be leaving the U.S. once again in about a year. There's something about going home, being with family, being a part of the life of a brand new person, another of God's wonderful, beautiful creations, that really puts a new perspective on my own life and how absolutely precious it is.

I've now been back in Austin for a week. Austin's been good to me. I've learned so much about my self and grown in ways I could only imagine. But I know where my heart is...home. Nope, I'm not homesick. I know that I've been called to do something in this world, my part to help make this world a better place. I'll continue to embrace "being the change." However, I've realized that I'm still on my journey, my path of discovery of what's next.

Seminary has been one of the best things that's ever happened to to, one of the best experiences of my life. It's strange to think that one year from now, I will be finished and on to the next big thing in my life, whatever and wherever that may be. But I trust. I came to Austin with a two suitcases and not much else (the same belongings I had with me during the year I spent in China). I came to Austin with less money than I took to China and didn't have an earned salary to expect. That was quite scary. But God saw me through every single second of it. Every single need I had was met, often with abundance. I trusted God then and I know God will continue to provide for me and will reveal to me what I need to know when I need to know it.

In just two days, on Tuesday at 12:40 pm to be exact, I will head to Indianapolis for the 77th National Convention of The Episcopal Church. I couldn't be more excited! I am excited to have been chosen by my seminary, to the have the opportunity to represent a place that is so dear to heart and to have the opportunity to meet some amazing people who are involved in the church. While I am there, I will be following a great passion of mine, in that I have the opportunity to follow the World Missions committee of the church and what they are doing. I can't wait to hear and learn more about what they are doing and what their plans are for the future. I'm hoping for the opportunity to get more involved in their work.

Yes, I have been blessed and continue to be so with every breath. Sometimes it's hard to believe that my life is my own. Have I chosen this life or has it chosen me?

You'll be hearing lots from me while I am in Indianapolis. I'll let you all know once I land safely in Indy! I'm getting very excited!

Thank you for coming on this journey that is my life with me!

God's peace and love,

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment