Friday, July 6, 2012

GC-Day 2

Yesterday (Thursday) was the first official day of General Convention. I began my day with Community Eucharist where I had the wonderful opportunity to help serve communion. This is probably one of the coolest things I've ever done. I served to priests, bishops, and many others from all over the world. I really enjoyed getting to be a part of that.

After eucharist it was time to head back to the Seminary of the Southwest booth and begin to set up for the day. After lunch and much frustration, I was finally able to get internet and better able to keep up with what is going on during convention via the internet.

Later in the afternoon, I sat in on the meeting of the House of Deputies and had the opportunity to see how the legislature of the church works. During the discussion of one amendment, which was regarding requiring all churches to have a website by 2015, one woman stated "We don't exist unless we can be Googled." That definately has become true.

Today I am headed back to the convention center and will be hanging out at the SSW booth some and also will be sitting in a World Missions Committee meeting. I also hope to sit in on another House of Deputies meeting . I'll keep you posted on all that I see!

Peace,

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment